We are committed to protecting your privacy, and at the same time we endeavour to use any data we collect from you to provide the best possible service.
- What information we collect;
- How we use that Information;
- How this information is shared;
- Your rights; and
- Other useful privacy and security related matters.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with the general Terms and Conditions of this website.
You must be over 16 to register for a personal account, subscribe to Journey Skincare & Beauty emails and/or place an order with Journey Skincare & Beauty. The Site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Who is the controller of your personal data?
Rhona Cullinan, trading as Journey Skincare and Beauty is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal data under applicable data protection law.
Where do we store your data?
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable law.
Information we collect
By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share, store and transfer in physical and electronic form. This information can be grouped together in the following categories:
Information you provide us:
We collect information about you during the account registration or order process for any of our Services. This information may include, but is not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, credit/debit card details and any other details as might be requested from you for the purpose of registration and/or continued use of our Services.
We may also collect information from you if you request information or customer support.
Additional Information collected:
We may also collect the following information:
- Name, contact information and message if you contact us or participate in a survey, contest or promotion
- Technical Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site or any Application
- Transaction information including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences
- Contact History means keeping a record of what you have said to us, for example, over the phone, by live chat, through a web form, by email, on social media or otherwise
- Your response to marketing campaigns from us or through our third parties i.e. open/click on such emails;
- Social Information means information collected if you choose to link your social media accounts with us.
How we collect information about you
You may give us your information by filling in forms on the Site or any Application or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, on social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- register for an account with us (whether online or in-store);
- place an order;
- sign up to our newsletters;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- contact our Customer Care Team;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
We may also receive information about you from various third parties such as: analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers and payment service providers.
How do we use this information
We process personal information for the following Services and purposes:
Account set up, Account management and order processing.
We use personal information such as your name, email address, phone number, card details, and information about your device to:
- To set up and administer your account
- To deliver your purchases
- To provide customer care and technical support
- To process returns
- For security and to verify your identity
- To take payment and process refunds
- Fraud protection
- To send you messages by email, SMS or otherwise such as order updates
- To provide you with marketing (where we have the right to do so – see marketing section below)
- To communicate with you
We use personal information to deliver and suggest tailored content to personalise your experience with our Services. This is processing which is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in delivering or presenting relevant content to our customers.
Show and measure ads and Services
We use a combination of information collected such as advertising cookies, your email address and your onsite activity to show you targeted and relevant advertisement on a selection of whitelisted websites across the world wide web and social media websites. This information can also be used to measure and analyse the effectiveness and reach of these ads, to help us improve and refine our marketing strategy in accordance with our legitimate interests.
Surveys and polls
If you choose to participate in a survey or poll, any personal information you provide may be used for marketing or market research purposes in accordance with our legitimate interests.
Diagnostics, research and development
We use personal information for internal research and development purposes, to help diagnose system problems, to administer our websites, to improve and test the features and functions of our Services, to develop new content, products and services. To carry out testing and analysis. This processing is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
Marketing and events
Subject to any preferences you have expressed (where applicable), we use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, online, push notification or otherwise.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will do this during the period of your relationship with us and, unless specifically instructed otherwise by you, for a reasonable period of time after the relationship has ended in order to inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you.
We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so including where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us.
If we send you a marketing email or SMS, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these marketing communications in the future.
You can also manage your information and update your marketing preferences through the “My Account” section when you login to your account.
Once you do this, we will update your account to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please allow up to 48 hours for any changes you make to your marketing preferences to be fully processed.
Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service messages such as order updates.
Except where we use your personal data for marketing purposes on the basis of your prior written consent and subject to any opt out preferences you notify to us in respect of electronic direct marketing communications, we process personal data for marketing purposes as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting our products and services.
We may also use personal information to enforce our terms and conditions.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer experience; (ii) running our business; (iii) to provide the products and services you have requested; (iv) to prevent fraud; and (v) for our own marketing, research and product development.
How is the information shared?
- Companies that help us fulfil your orders such as payment service providers, fulfillment providers, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so that we can help tackle fraud
- Companies approved by you, such as social media Sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us)
- Competition winners on social media
- We may also share your personal information with: law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so
- Another business entity in the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
Journey Skincare and Beauty operates business in multiple jurisdictions some of which are not located in the European Economic Area (EEA). The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, we or they will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the EEA or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks and shields intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by Journey Skincare and Beauty, we will put in place safeguards to ensure that your information remains adequately protected.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you, as a data subject have a number of rights which are detailed below. Some of these only apply in specific circumstances and are qualified in several respects by exemptions in data protection legislation. We will advise you in our response to your request if we are relying on any such exemptions.
Right to access:
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time. You can contact Journey Skincare & Beauty and we will provide you with your personal data via e-mail. You should include adequate information to identify yourself and such other relevant information that will reasonably assist us in fulfilling your request.
Right to rectification:
You can request us to rectify and correct any personal data that we are processing about you which is incorrect. If you have a Journey Skincare & Beautyy account you can edit your personal data in my account section.
Right to portability:
Whenever Journey Skincare & Beauty processes your personal data, by automated means based on your consent or which was necessary for us to provide you with our products and services, you have the right to get a copy of your data transferred to you. This only includes the personal data you have submitted to us. You may have the right to have your personal data transferred by us directly to an other organisation, if this is technically feasible.
Right to erasure:
You have the right to erase any personal data processed by Journey Skincare & Beauty at any time except for the following situations:
- you have an ongoing matter with Customer Service
- you have an open order which has not yet been shipped or partially shipped
- you have an unsettled debt with Journey Skincare & Beauty regardless of the payment method
- if you are suspected or have misused our services within the last four years
- if you have made any purchase, we will keep your personal data in connection to your transaction for book-keeping purposes
Your right to object to processing based on legitimate interest:
You have the right to object to processing of your personal data that is based on Journey Skincare & Beauty legitimate interest. Where we suspend our processing of your personal data we will still be permitted to store your personal data, but any other processing of this information will require your consent, subject to certain exemptions. When you do so your account will cease to exit and you will be considered inactive.
Right to withdraw consent:
Where we have relied upon your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
To opt out of marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link or the opt out option found in the marketing communication you receive from us. For other marketing preferences, you can visit the My Account tab when you log into your account or the “Contact Us” option within the relevant Service.
How you can contact us?
For any requests relating to your personal information or any of your rights referenced above please feel free to contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. For the unregulated jurisdictions in which operate, and subject to us not having a legal or regulatory requirement or a risk management reason for retaining your information for a longer period, your information will not be kept for longer than 7 years post account closure. We will take all necessary steps to ensure that the privacy of information is maintained for the period of retention.